CalArts (California Institute of the Arts) is renowned internationally as a game-changer in the education of professional artists.
The transformative cultural impact of our alumni shows why: we bring out visionary creative talent unlike any other university, school or conservatory. An all-inclusive community for a diversity of authentic voices, CalArts today offers more than 70 comprehensive degree programs in the visual, performing, media and literary arts.
- Region: West
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 28%
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Arts; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Film/Cinema Studies; Music
- Full list of majors available: https://calarts.edu/academics/all-programs
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $78,850