Located on a beautiful residential campus in southern Vermont, Bennington College offers a distinctive, self-directed liberal arts education: the Plan Process.
Under the thoughtful guidance of faculty advisors, students devise a unique course of study integrating different areas of the curriculum around central ideas or questions.
The Plan Process is characterized by cross-disciplinary learning, close working relationships between students and teachers, and connection to the world through the Field Work Term, a winter internship program that all students undertake each year.
Our collaborative community is closely-knit and diverse: 1 in every 8 students is international.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Bennington, Vermont
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 56%
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nutrition; Oceanography; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.bennington.edu/Academics/AreasStudy
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid, Merit/talent based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $62,000