American University (AU) is home to more than 1,500 international students representing diverse cultures and viewpoints from nearly 130 countries.
Located in Washington D.C., AU students benefit from world-class professional, service, and research experiences. Over 90% of students complete at least one internship, and 70% of students study abroad in more than 138 locations around the world.
At AU's beautiful 91-acre campus, students may major/minor in the sciences, arts, humanities, business, education, international service, and more. Majoring and minoring across disciplines is encouraged! AU’s campus life boasts over 200 student clubs, NCAA Division I athletics, and a Spiritual Life Center.
Visit www.american.edu/WeKnowSuccess to learn more about the opportunities awaiting you at AU!
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Washington DC
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 29%
- Test Optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Criminology; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Nutrition; Other; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.american.edu/degrees.cfm
- International students are eligible for: Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $64,707
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's and Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's and Women's Basketball; Men's and Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Field Hockey; Women's Lacrosse; Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling