Postgraduate Student Award timeline
In general, the Fulbright Awards competition for British citizens follows the below timeline. Candidates must make their own independent applications to US institutions.
- August: Applications open
- November: Applications close*
- January/February: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- February: All candidates notified of their status
- March: Fulbright Finalist Workshop
- June/July: Pre-Departure Orientation
- July onwards: Independent departures to the USA
*The British Friends of Harvard Business School Award typically remains open until April.
The Fulbright Schuman Award is administered by the Fulbright Commission in Belgium. The application timeline differs slightly to that of the US-UK Fulbright Commission.