Spotlight: Postgraduate Partner Awards
Partner Awards are those linked to professional bodies, charitable organisations or US university partners. These awards may be in a specific discipline or based at a particular institution.
- Sir Cyril Taylor Memorial Award for Social Entrepreneurship – provides up to $45,000 for a master’s degree, non-degree academic work or independent research in any subject. Applicants should demonstrate their commitment to social enterprise in their application.
- Entrepreneurship Award – for UK entrepreneurs who are impatient to make a difference, providing support to pursue an MBA in entrepreneurship at a US business school. Provides up to $70K towards tuition/living expenses.
- British Friends of Harvard Business School Award – for UK citizens to pursue an MBA at Harvard Business School, with up to $45,000 towards tuition costs.
Awards with full tuition waivers
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law – this award provides a full tuition fee waiver for UK graduates to pursue any LLM at the top-35 ranked law school.
- University of Minnesota Humphrey School of Public Affairs – enables a British graduate to pursue any (non-dual) degree programme in public policy and planning at the school, which ranks among the top professional schools of public affairs at public universities in the US. The full tuition waiver covers any one or two-year graduate degree.
Fully-funded PhD award
The Brown University award covers up to five years of PhD study in any discipline offered at the university.
The award covers full tuition, in addition to a stipend of no less than $26,276 for each academic year, plus summer funding, transitional funding of $1,200 to be dispersed in the first weeks of your first semester, health and dental insurance.
Ashley Uruchurtu is this year's recipient of the Brown University award. They will be undertaking a Pathobiology PhD within the field of Allergy and Immunology.
For Ashley, the Fulbright award represents a chance to break down international barriers in science and they hope that the exchange will help them achieve their dream of creating new opportunities and avenues of investigation for future generations of scientists.
Global Wales Awards
- Welsh All Disciplines Award – for a master's degree at any accredited US university and in any discipline. This award is for British citizens who have lived in Wales for at least 5 years and intend to return to Wales after their Fulbright. Grant amount: up to $45,000.
Welsh Visiting Student Researcher Award – funding toward a semester long research project at any US university. This award is for British citizens currently enrolled in a PhD programme at a University in Wales. Grant amount: up to $25,000.