As part of the Fulbright Foreign Student programme, our Postgraduate Awards provide the only scholarships available for academic work in any graduate programme at any accredited US university.
The All Disciplines Award can be applied to any master's or doctoral degree at any accredited US university, as well as for independent research projects.
We also offer several Awards partnered with US universities and professional or charitable bodies who are looking for Fulbrighters interested in specific academic disciplines.
All Postgraduate Awards offer:
- Financial contributions towards the first year of study
- Sickness and accident coverage
- J-1 visa sponsorship and pre-departure support & orientation
- Support in the USA from the Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Access to a global alumni network of collaborative engagement and cultural diplomacy, with over 300,000 academically and professionally accomplished members
Some Awards can offer:
- Tuition fee waivers
- Full-degree funding
- Extra funding for special projects
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a UK citizen
- Hold or expect to attain an undergraduate degree with at least upper second-class honours
Dual US-UK citizens and Green Card holders are ineligible to apply.
The US-UK Fulbright programme aims to foster cultural understanding between our two countries. Preference is therefore given to applicants who do not have extensive experience (six months or longer) in the USA.
Applicants with extensive US experience should explain in detail how further experience in the USA will fulfil the Fulbright mission in ways that their prior visits did not.