Scholar Award timeline
In general, the Fulbright Awards competition for British citizens follows the below timeline each year. Candidates must make their own independent applications to US institutions.
For 2019-20 awards:
- 1 August 2018: Applications open
- 6 November 2018: Applications close
- January/February 2019: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- February 2019: All candidates notified of their status
- March 2019: Fulbright Finalist Workshop
- June/July 2019: Pre-Departure Orientation
- July onwards 2019: Independent departures to the USA
If you're interested in applying for a Fulbright Award, or you're an advisor/administrator who wants to promote the programme at your university, sign up here for news, tips and advice.