Scholar Award timeline
In general, the Fulbright Awards competition for British citizens follows the below timeline each year. Candidates must make their own independent applications to US institutions.
For 2020-21 awards:
- Early August 2019: Applications open
- Early November 2019: Applications close*
- January/February 2020: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- February 2020: All candidates notified of their status
- March 2020: Fulbright Finalist Workshop
- June/July 2020: Pre-Departure Orientation
- July onwards 2020: Independent departures to the USA
*Exceptions to the application deadline:
- The Fulbright Schuman Award is administered by the Fulbright Commission in Belgium. The application timeline differs slightly to that of the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
If you're interested in applying for a Fulbright Award, or you're an advisor/administrator who wants to promote the programme at your university, sign up here for news, tips and advice.