How to apply
The Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching for International Teachers programme looks for applicants who can engage with the USA in an atmosphere of openness, integrity and intellectual freedom, thereby promoting mutual understanding.
We assess more than the intellectual merit of proposals. The best applications are from well-rounded applicants who can demonstrate:
- Strong proposals and/or research projects
- Ambassadorial skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Genuine desire to learn more about the USA and to share aspects of British culture
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Leadership potential
- Plans to further the Fulbright mission and give back to the UK upon returning
Educators who are selected for the programme will:
- Participate in courses at a US host university.
- Observe classes, co-teach, and share their expertise with US colleagues in US elementary or secondary schools.
- Design and complete an individual or group inquiry project of direct relevance to their educational practice.
- Participate in an online professional learning community with other participants to share best practices and other elements of host and home country educational systems
- Engage in education and cultural activities while on programme in the United States
Applications are now open for our next intake.
Please review the application guide before your start your online application.
The online application, via IREX, is used by Fulbright programmes around the world. Refer to the application guide for any questions you have while completing the application. Please note that we are using the online application only and you do not have to check in with the Commission first to confirm this. The online application will require you to upload the following additional documents:
You will also need to complete this Supplemental Form, in addition to the online application. This is a requirement for your application to be considered eligible.
Complete your online application here. Applications close 17 May 2021.
Please review our timeline page for further details on the selection process.