The Fulbright University of Westminster Summer Institute is a three-week academic and cultural programme for US students focusing on media, art and design, and business.
The University of Westminster was founded as Britain's first polytechnic in 1838. Since then it has developed into a university that combines both metropolitan and cosmopolitan dimensions, and which is closely involved in business, professional and academic life within London, as well as overseas.
This Summer Institute is part of the university's London International Summer School. Students are able to:
- Choose one of several modules on media, art and design, or business
- Attend classes alongside students from around the world
- Use London as a classroom
- Receive four credits to transfer to their home institution, subject to prior arrangement between the student and their institution
Previous module choices have included:
- Media and Art and Design
- Television in London
- Photographing the City: London
- London: Cultural Capital of the World
- Multimedia Journalism: The London Experience
- Entertaining London
- The Business of Sport
- The Power of Brands
In addition to exploring London, previous cultural programmes have included the following:
- London Eye
- East End art walk
- Best of Wales weekend trip
- Phantom of the Opera theatre trip
- Warner Bros Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
- Thames River boat cruise and afternoon tea
At the end of the programme there will be a farewell reception.