Senior Scholar Award timeline
In general, the Fulbright Senior Scholar Award competition for US citizens follows the timeline below. Candidates must make their own independent arrangements with UK institutions.
The deadline for applications for the 2021-22 awards is Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
- February: Applications open
- September: Applications close
- January: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- March: All candidates notified of their status
- April-June: Fulbright paperwork preparation
- August-April: Independent departures to the UK (orientation takes place in September, but some Scholar projects start as late as April)
For full details, please consult the Fulbright US Distinguished Chair programme website.