Glasgow School of Art Visiting Professorship
The Fulbright Scotland Visiting Professorship at the Glasgow School of Art contributes to the intellectual life of the university through seminars, public lectures and curriculum development in any discipline within the institution for six months.
The Glasgow School of Art (GSA) was founded in 1845 as one of the first Government Schools of Design, and is one of Europe’s leading university-level institutions for visual creative disciplines.
The GSA has five academic schools:
- Fine Art
- Mackintosh School of Architecture
- Simulation and Visualisation
As well as a number of established specialised research centres such as:
- SimVis, leaders in advanced visualisation and interaction
- Centre for Advanced Textiles, exploring advancements in digital printing for textiles
- Mackintosh Environmental Architectural Research Unit, based within the Mackintosh School of Architecture
- Emergent research centres such as the Glasgow Urban Lab, Reading Landscape, and Art Writing
- Institute for Design Innovation
Applications are sought in all appropriate disciplines, but applications in the following disciplines are preferred:
- Creative Economy
- Environmental Sciences
- Film Studies
- Public Administration
- Urban Planning
- Digital Visualisation
This funding is intended as a contribution towards US-UK travel, institutional fees, and general maintenance costs while in the UK.