Scholar Award timeline
In general,* the Fulbright Scholar Award competition for US citizens follows the below timeline. Candidates must make their own independent arrangements with UK institutions.
- February: Applications open
- August: Applications close
- January: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- March: All candidates notified of their status
- April-June: Fulbright paperwork preparation
- August-April: Independent departures to the UK (orientation takes place in September, but some Scholar projects start as late as April)
For full details, please consult the Fulbright US Scholar programme website.
*The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching programme operates a summer-to-December application period, with very different requirements. Please consult the programme website for further details.