Internships and volunteering
The Fulbright Commission offers unpaid internships and volunteering opportunities to individuals interested in international education, public diplomacy and event management.
As a Fulbright intern, you can learn about the field, gain work experience and take responsibility for challenging projects. This is a unique opportunity for current students and recent graduates.
There are two internship pathways available:
- EducationUSA Advising
- Fulbright Awards Programme
For full details, please view our internship information leaflet.
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The covering letter should outline your:
- Dates and hours of availability
- Details of your legal right to work in the UK and visa status
- Previous professional experience
- Overseas work and study experience
- Knowledge of the US and UK educational systems
Internships can be arranged through partnerships with US universities and internship organisations or from individual applications. Your details will bekept on file and qualified applicants will be invited to interview when positions are available.
We have a number of volunteer opportunities to help you build one-off event management and/or public speaking experience.
You could help us facilitate the following events, reaching over 10,000 people each year:
- USA College Day - Register your interest in volunteering at College Day.
- USA Grad School Seminars
- Outreach to UK schools and universities.
To register your interest in volunteering generally, please complete this form.